Continuing a Gold Medallion Award-winning legacy, the completely revised Expositor's Bible Commentary puts world-class biblical scholarship in your hands.
A staple for students, teachers, and pastors worldwide, The Expositor's Bible Commentary (EBC) offers comprehensive yet succinct commentary from scholars committed to the authority of the Holy Scriptures. The EBC uses the New International Version of the Bible, but the contributors work from the original Hebrew and Greek languages and refer to other translations when useful.
Each section of the commentary includes:
- An introduction: background information, a short bibliography, and an outline
- An overview of Scripture to illuminate the big picture
- The complete NIV text
- Extensive commentary
- Notes on textual questions, key words, and concepts
- Reflections to give expanded thoughts on important issues
The series features 56 contributors, who:
- Believe in the divine inspiration, complete trustworthiness, and full authority of the Bible
- Have demonstrated proficiency in the biblical book that is their specialty
- Are committed to the church and the pastoral dimension of biblical interpretation
- Represent geographical and denominational diversity
- Use a balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinion
- Write from an evangelical viewpoint
For insightful exposition, thoughtful discussion, and ease of use--look no further than The Expositor's Bible Commentary.
Author: Tremper Longman III
Publisher: Zondervan Academic
Binding Type: Hardcover
Size: 9.30h x 7.50w x 2.50d
About the Author
Allen, Ronald B.: - Ronald B. Allen is senior professor of Bible exposition at Dallas Theological Seminary. He earned a Th.M. degree (1968) and Th.D. degree (1973) from Dallas in studies in biblical Hebrew. He has also been awarded the D.D. degree from Rocky Mountain Bible College and Seminary (2009). Dr. Allen has written more than a dozen books, principally on the Psalms and worship, as well as the commentary on the book of Numbers (EBC Revised). Ron has been married to Beverly for forty-nine years. They have four grown children, three of whom are married, and ten grandchildren.Boda, Mark J.: - Mark J. Boda (PhD, University of Cambridge) is Professor of Old Testament and Hebrew at McMaster Divinity College in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. An ordained minister, he enjoys regular preaching opportunities across Canada. He is the author of Praying the Tradition and the editor of a collection of scholarly essays on Zechariah 9-14, Bringing Out the Treasure.Schwab, George: - George M. Schwab, PhD from Westminster Theological Seminary, presently associate professor of Old Testament at Erskine Theological Seminary.