Birds of Europe
A fully revised edition of the standard field guide to Europe's birdsSince it was first published, Birds of Europe has become the definitive field guide to the diverse birdlife found in Europe. Now this superb guide has been brought fully up to date with revised text and maps along with added illustrations. Uniquely designed for easy use in the field, this expanded edition covers all 772 species found in the region as well as 32 introduced species or variants and 118 very rare visitors. Detailed species accounts describe key identification features, voice, habitat, range, and size. More than 3,500 full-color illustrations depict every species and all major plumage variations, and color distribution maps provide breeding, wintering, and migration ranges for every species. Complete with an introduction to each group of birds that addresses major problems of observation and identification, this new edition is the ultimate field guide to Europe's fascinating birdlife.
- Expanded and fully updated
- Covers all 772 species found in Europe, 32 introduced species or variants, and 118 very rare visitors
- Features more than 3,500 color illustrations that depict every species
- Includes detailed species accounts
- Provides color distribution maps for every species
- Color plates face text and maps for at-a-glance identification
Author: Lars Svensson
Publisher: Princeton University Press
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 7.50h x 5.30w x 1.20d
About the Author
Lars Svensson is one of Europe's foremost field ornithologists. Dan Zetterström and Killian Mullarney are two of Europe's leading bird artists.