If you suffer from Tourette Syndrome (TS), or any other chronic motor or vocal tic disorder, you know how difficult it can be to manage your symptoms. You may be taking medication or working with a medical doctor to control your tics. If you are seeking an alternative or adjunctive treatment, you may wish to try the scientifically proven behavior therapy program described in this workbook.
Behavior therapy can teach you skills for effectively managing your tics. Designed to be used in conjunction with visits to a qualified mental health professional, this workbook outlines an 11-session treatment package for adults and children with tic disorders.
Behavior therapy can teach you skills for effectively managing your tics. Designed to be used in conjunction with visits to a qualified mental health professional, this workbook outlines an 11-session treatment package for adults and children with tic disorders. The goal of this program is not to cure your disorder, but to teach you the best ways to manage it so that you can improve your quality of life and look to the future with optimism. TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
- All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
- A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
- Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
- Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
- A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
- Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)Author:
Douglas W. Woods, John Piacentini, Susanna ChangPublisher:
Oxford University Press, USAPublished:
10.70h x 8.30w x 0.30dISBN:
This title is not returnable